The real estate industry has an image problem when it comes to ethics. One must be reminded that the laws of our country only sets minimum standards of professional behavior and these are by no means the standard against which ethical behavior and decisions could be measured.
At Deccan, ethics is a simple concept: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
To this end, Deccan has developed a code of conduct that makes ethics an integral part of its culture.
- Treat everyone with whom we do business fairly and honestly
- Work in partnership with our suppliers, contractors, and clients to promote a healthy culture based on integrity and respect for the laws and regulations that govern our industry
Ensure that all employees receive fair and equal opportunity in a safe environment
- Promote mutual benefit when dealing with other businesses
- Reinvest in our firm to ensure stability, growth, and continuous improvement for all concerned
Be a responsible corporate citizen in the communities where we work
All Deccan employees will ensure the following:
Employees will promptly report any conditions they believe to be unsafe, unhealthy or hazardous to their immediate supervisor.
- Kickbacks are prohibited. No Employee or their families can gain personally through a transaction that involves direct cash payments or non-monetary gains. These transactions are not only unethical but may also be illegal and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law
Employees must receive prior written approval from their immediate supervisor before accepting any gifts from clients, their representatives, vendors, or subcontractors. In general, employees will not be allowed to accept gifts of substantial value.
Possession, sale, or use of alcohol, narcotics, or any controlled substance without a valid prescription is prohibited.
- Employees are expected to adhere to all federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations in and out of the office. Employees involved in the theft or misuse of funds or property will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Employees shall not represent their own personal or business interests inconsistent with those of the Company. Employees are also to avoid outside employment and activities that may negatively impact their job performance or conflict with the obligations of Deccan’s reputation.
Employees will promptly report any conditions they believe to be unsafe, unhealthy or hazardous to their immediate supervisor